BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

my list

Being that it's almost Thanksgiving, I've been thinking this week as how to sum up all that I am thankful for this year. My life is overflowing with blessings and abundance of the Lord's provisions. I am more than blessed and can't express enough what God has and is doing in my life. I decided that I was going to make a very extensive list of every good thing in my life. So here it is....all that God has blessed me with:

* my Bible - in it's entirety, so many people don't have a Bible let alone one that is complete
* my journal - a chance to record all that God is doing in my heart
* the ability to pray - talking with a God who is Sovereign and loves me intimately!
* novels - i've gotten into reading for pleasure this year and i'm loving it
* Leslie - the best best friend i could ever want
* my townhome - a perfect place to live that is close to work and so many friends
* my small group - a group of girls that i am not only friends with, but that i can go deep with and learn from
* health - i haven't been sick once this year
* my dad - i'm so proud of him and the way that God is using him in GYI
* my mom - such a support and an amazing friend and woman of God to look up to
* Jamie - her excitement for me and the close relationship that we have
* Christy - she inspires me to go after what i long for, i'm going to miss her next year
* Marla - her wisdom is beyond words, i've never met a woman who so passionately desires to honor God, her husband and her kids
* my team at work - the leadership i work under is a blessing, what an amazing place to gain experience
* my job - i'm thankful i don't dread going to work, this is a blessing!!
* my classes - I've been challenged so much this year educationally and spiritually
* Israel - this is a trip that still excites me when i read Scripture, what a blessing I was able to go with such a great group in March
* my cat - Jack Bauer gives me so much joy...who would have ever thought a cat could do that!
* Christmas lights - so cozy and inviting!
* financial freedom - no debt, what a blessing
* benefits at work - the ability to have lasik done earlier this year
* the lessons God taught me through Sean and that whole relationship
* God bringing Pete into my life - he is the answer to my years of prayer!
* warm weather - i just love getting to experience the freshness each spring
* cold weather (yeah...never thought i'd say that!) - it makes me appreciate the warm weather all the more!!
* the Beth Moore study I did throughout the summer - i learned more about faith that i knew! it was incredible!
* laughing - i just love to laugh and i'm thankful for God giving us the ability to enjoy this!! :)
* sleeping - what a blessing to have a warm bed to relax in
* pictures - i love remembering fun times
* email - it's so easy to stay in touch with people now with the internet
* my ipod - i love electronics :)
* my computer - a blessing that allows so much connection with people
* the girls in my HG small group - they are growing!! it's so encouraging to see them serving and connecting so much with each other
* my cell phone - a convenience of life that is just a blessing
* sunshine - even on cold days it's refreshing!
* Lucy - my one and only dog, she gives me joy as well!
* my singleness - these past 4 years out of college have been the best years of my life!
* God's faithfulness - he never doesn't follow through with what He has said!
* the ability to work out - what a blessing to be able to move and use my body to it's full potential
* my Roselle/Wheaton friends - friends that know how to play hard, i appreciate this about them
* music - it feeds my soul
* my roots in Batavia - i'm thankful i never had to move around
* Leslie - i'm just so thankful for her! (enough to mention it twice)
* the Lord's protection - sometimes i wonder why my life is so blessed from pain
* emotional stability - God has given me confidence in who I am in Him, this has been a huge relief
* Scripture and the way that God uses it to speak directly into my heart
* my Grandma - she is such a joy! i love her energy even at age 93!!!
* my Grandpa - i've never met anyone more ready to meet the Lord Jesus face to face, his life has truly left a legacy
* the way God has wired me - i'm still figuring it out, but i know it's all for a reason to do what He's called me to do most effectively


So there ya have it. I'm sure as the days go on I'll think of more and I'll update this as I do, but those are just a few of the "good" things that God has blessed me with this year. My verse card this morning read from Psalm 103:5 and I think this verse clearly sums up my year - "He fills my life with good things." What a blessing to serve a good God!! That verse couldn't be more true in my life. Thank you Father for being good!! I'm blessed to be called your daughter!!

0 comments: