BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

i'm going to try this blogging thing

So I've never been a big "blogger". Whatever that means anyways. I do know that I have a lot of thoughts running through my mind and I love getting them down out. It's often how I process what I'm dealing with or what God is teaching me. I have umpteen journals sitting on the bookshelves in my bedroom filled with stories, thoughts, lessons, questions, etc. I love going through them and seeing what God has taught me and how far I've come.

Often when my mind is racing, I will type out my thoughts. It's much quicker to type rather than to write. I'm thinking that this is going to be some of that....random thoughts, written (typed) out. Much of it not making sense, just me processing through the randomness in my head.

My life right now....to put it in one word....is blessed. There are so many good things the Lord has placed in my life. To name a few - a home that I love, living for the past two years with my best friend in the whole world, I'm close to my family, I am more than healthy (although sometimes I do wish I would get the flu or something for a day or two so I could have an excuse to not go to work and lay on the couch all day!), my job is still wonderful after 4 years, I am involved in the lives of amazing students who desire to follow Jesus, I have a small group that I connect with and have tons of fun with, and so many more good things!! Sometimes I wonder how I am living the life I live. I've never had a time in my life where I've rebelled or purposefully distanced myself from the Lord (well, to an extent). How am I blessed?? Why has the Lord chosen me to live this life I'm living?? I want so bad....so bad....to make an impact for eternity! Just living is not enough. Just getting by and accepting the good things in my life doesn't cut it. That's not what Christ has called us to. It's in giving up that we receive. And something I'm continually realizing is that when we do receive back from the Lord, it isn't always in ways that we think we might want. Sometimes, Jesus chooses to bless us with HIMSELF! And it's when we realize that HE is ENOUGH, that's when the true blessing is revealed.

My prayer is that I would seek the face of Jesus more than anything. Yes, I am blessed with a life that is beyond words, but even if I wasn't, if my life looked nothing like it does today, my heartbeat is that I would still consider myself blessed to be called a Child of the Most High, a daughter of the King. That....is what makes a life blessed!

0 comments: