BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 19, 2010

thirty-one

About a month or so ago, I had an interview for a part time office job at the Crisis Pregnancy Center.  While the job seemed like it would be great and all, I was really praying that God would make it clear to me as to whether that was the road He wanted me to go or not.  Well....I came home from the interview and cried 4 times that afternoon.  Not cause it went bad or anything, it was actually a great interview and the lady who I met with was wonderful.  I cried because the thought of going back to an office knowing my baby was home with someone else was heart breaking to me.  I couldn't stand the thought of it and as I sat at my kitchen counter, I realized I had my answer.  I was praying and as I asked the Lord if that wasn't it, what was?  I looked down and there was a little business card from a lady who was a Scentsy Candle rep.  They do in home parties selling candles.  Like most of those parties offer you can "work at home, spend more time with the people you love and make as much money as you'd want to".  Anyways, I read that and I thought maybe I could do that.  All that to say...no...I didn't sign up with Scentsy Candles.  But I did sign up with a company called thirty-one.  I had heard of it a few times but never really looked at what they had to offer.  After much thought and prayer, I decided to do it.


Now let me say that I've never been a huge fan of these types of parties and now that I'm actually a rep for one of them surprises even me.  However, my perspective going into it is if it works, awesome.  If not, no big deal.  I'm not committing to specific hours on specific days and I have to be there or I'm fired.  And that flexibility of this job makes it worth a try.  My desire is to stay home with my girl and if this makes it more possible, then I'm all in.

With that said, I've gotten my start up box and I've been pleasantly surprised with the product.  I thought it was just bags but they offer everything from purses, wallets, stationary, coasters, totes, luggage, garment bags, cosmetic bags, etc.  And everything can be embroidered.  Anyways, the catalog is awesome and offers a TON of options.  I like it because it can appeal to every woman...age 15 or age 50.  We all carry purses or bags or totes and so why not make them cute.

I've always been the party planner so it's actually kinda fun for me to throw parties for my "job".  :)  And I would consider myself a highly motivated person so thinking of new ways to get contacts is actually fun for me.  I don't want to ever be perceived as the pushy "have a party?!?!" person so I don't want to ever pressure someone to have a party.  But that is how I will be successful so I'm just praying and hoping that the product sells itself and people are interested.

I've completely committed this ministry/job to the Lord. That night that I had the interview I was having a quiet time and I read Jeremiah 33:9 - "Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it." When I considered the idea of being one of these consultants and was asking God about it, I told him that if it did work out, that before every party I would, like the verse says, bring Him joy, praise and honor.  I'm trusting Him to provide the "good things" and "abundant prosperity and peace" because of it.

So with that said, I now own my own business?!?!  Weird to even say that.  :)  I'm looking for people to host parties and while I may not come right out and ask you, let me know if you're interested or would even just like to order something.  The website is www.mythirtyone.com/juliegoodman and you can view the whole catalog online.  Again, I don't want to be that pushy party person, but if you're interested, just let me know.

It's all for God's glory and to spend as much time as I possibly can with the cutest little 4 month old baby girl.  Come on....wouldn't you want to look at this face all day long too????  :)


2 comments:

C Mae said...

My next door neighbor in Yuma just became a sales gal for 31. She was constantly wanting me to get bags:) I think they are great if you have kids where you can personalize the bags with their names!

Joanna Goodman said...

I have been thinking about your need for a job and thought I would check up on that. I'm so glad that you found something that will hopefully work very well to fill in those gaps. I'm like you, I can't IMAGINE leaving James with someone else for the day, and I would be very heavy hearted if I had to. Thanks for the look into your quiet time, too, that's some good insight and a good verse!