BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lord be blessed

I'm a few weeks into my new thirty-one business and I'm totally loving it!!  As I think about it, I think it's kinda funny because I was totally never a big fan of these types of things, but now that I'm doing it...I've realized it's perfect for me.  :)  I love people and I love parties.  Seriously, and my JOB is to work with both of those things!!  And the fact that I'm selling fun girly things is even better!!!  I would consider myself a fairly motivated person so I've set up my "office" downstairs and have gotten supplies and organized my files.  I literally feel like I have a little work place in my own house.  It's AWESOME!  :)  I'm just so anxious to get started with having the parties and figuring out how to actually place orders and get that all to work.  I love thinking of ways to give hosting incentives and challenging myself to be creative.


I was watching an online training video the other night and had Keira on my lap.  As I sat there in my sweats with my daughter on my lap and I was "working", I thought to myself...this is what I want to do!  I have always for as long as I can remember wanted to stay home with my babies and now that I'm doing it, I can't imagine going back to work full time.  I absolutely love that I don't dread Monday morning or have a sinking feeling in my gut Sunday afternoon knowing that the work week is starting all over again.  Every day is the same and I just absolutely LOVE it!!

Now with this business, when Keira's napping, I can keep myself busy and give myself something to work towards.  I've got 7 parties booked through October and am hoping to get at least 5 more between now and when we go home the second week of October.

For the first time since we've moved to Kansas, I finally feel like this is something I am just loving doing and want to really pursue.  Again, I laugh at myself when I read that sentence knowing what it's about cause I never thought I'd be saying that about doing in-home parties...but I am.  I feel like the Lord has given me this door and I've walked through and now there are so many opportunities to go from here.  And with that...he's allowing me to ultimately do what I've dreamed of doing...being a mom and raising my kids.

With that said, my prayer lately and my requests to those who have asked (or to some who haven't) is that I would be successful at this.  I feel weird even writing that and saying it but I want to be successful not for the money in any way shape or form.  I want to be successful so that I will be able to make this a full time thing and I won't have to do any other part time job as well.  I'm still signed up to substitute teach and I'm willing to do that, but I really don't want to.  I'm asking the Lord to provide parties and hostesses so that I will be able to continue to stay home with Keira.

At the beginning of each party I will give God the glory and tell the girls there why I'm doing what I'm doing.  I'm trusting that He'll provide in ways I've never imagined.  Through this new journey, my hope is that the Lord will be blessed!!

This is my theme verse for my new ministry/job and my verse for this next year of my life:
Jeremiah 33:9 - Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.

2 comments:

haverlee said...

I'll host a party for you if you want to stop in Des Moines for a few hours on your way home! I'll feed you dinner too :)

Stephanie Lancione said...

Julie- I will be praying for success with this new job! Sounds like you already have quite a few parties booked! I look forward to reading your future blogs and learning things as a mother to be ;)