BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Closin' in on the end.

Well, I'm 2 1/2 weeks out from my due date. 2 1/2 weeks until we get to meet our little girl and I couldn't be more ready. Not just because I'm so uncomfortable or because she's pushing so hard on my stomach I feel like she's going to pop through or because I can't sleep at night or because I have to pee every hour (at least!).....but more so because I can't wait for the moment where I see her face for the very first time and when our eyes look at each other and I see the little girl that has been growing inside of me for the last 9 1/2 months of my life. It's such a surreal experience and it's hard for me to sometimes believe that it's real. Any day now....any day now.

Here's a picture of me at 35 1/2 weeks pregnant. She hadn't dropped at this point but I definitely feel like she's a lot lower now. I need to have Pete take an updated picture this week.


I've definitely been "nesting" the last week or so. Our nursery is all set and I just need a couple more things before I feel completely ready. We did the painting of the verses on the wall on Sunday and I think it looks great. Pete being the perfectionist that he is when it comes to painting, doesn't think it looks great, but I disagree. I love it and will love being reminded of the promises from God's Word when I rock our girl. Here is the final outcome:



The two verses that I chose were from the baby book that I have...both from Isaiah 43.

"I have called you by name; you are mine." ~Isaiah 43:1
"You are precious to me and I love you." ~Isaiah 43:4

I love that they came from Isaiah 43 because that's the same chapter that God used to confirm to me that I was to marry Pete. I love it when God does little things like that!! My life verse that God gave me for our little girl is from 1 Samuel 1:27-28, "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there." (except I change the "him's" to "her's" :)

So being that our girl is full term as of last Friday....all I have to say to her is COME BABY COME!! :) Bring on the labor pains and the aching and hurt and contractions....I'm ready for you!!!!

0 comments: